Thursday 18 December 2008

Bye bye Barca...

Well, here I am at work on my last day..! Don't really know what to say, but felt I should mark the occasion with something. In hindsight I can't believe how quickly the past months have gone, time really is flying these days. I've lived in and explored a beautiful city and still only got to know half of it, Barcelona is such a fascinating place and I think it really would take years to get to know it intimately, but I do feel like I have a really good feel for the place now. :)

Things I Will Miss About Barcelona:

- the amazing tapas and how cheap they are!

- the way the grannies and grandads dance along to the buskers in the Plaza Catalunya Metro station

- the very cheap wine :p

- the way everyone greets you with 'Hola' when you walk past them in your flat/see them in a lift, even if they've never seen you before

- the amazing laid back, bohemian culture, especially around the Raval and in all the little hidden streets with beautiful unique bars and cafés

- the tortilla available everywhere, the patatas bravas, the fuet, the croquetas... (I know, a lot of this seems to be about food..!)

- the GORGEOUS hot chocolate and pan con tomate at Café Zurich

- just...Café Zurich!

- walking down the Ramblas and feeling like you're in this cultural centre of the world, a meeting place where everyone from anywhere comes together

- Bracafé and DiBarCafé

- the Metro (I'm sorry but it's so handy!)

- The Gaudiiiii especially Parc Guell and being able to go there whenever I want..ahhh

- el botellón and partying til the next day

- how anything goes, you can dress how you like, be how you like and everyone just accepts that that's who you are

- my roof terrace!

- the amazing little bakeries (I'm sorry but the food is gorgeous here!!)

- The Balañes cinema and being able to watch the latest releases in Spanish (very good practice!)

- the communal flat dinners where everyone comes together and relaxes and has a great laugh

- the paella!!

So there's a little reminisce for you.. well, and for me.. I've had a fantastic time here, it's been hard at times, but the times I've had going out with friends and things have been awesome. I've met some wicked people and got some stunning memories (and photos which will go up soon, honest!) Can't say I'll really miss the job, though it's not that bad...for an office job...which I won't be getting myself into again any time soon hopefully! I feel like I've grown so much as a person from being here. I can't wait to get back to my home comforts but it's been great to get out there and experience life from another perspective.

See you all tomorrow night!!! :D I can't wait!!

Love you all so much, besoooos xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: