Friday 22 May 2009

La France

What I will miss about Paris:

- baguettes for 38 cents
- Riz au lait a la vanille, yum!
- so many places to explore
- crepes
- waffles..
- croque monsieurs!!
- The Marais
- the beautiful streets and the quirky places to explore
- the swordfish at Barbershop
- the bountiful supply of French books at Carrefour
- French onion soup, especially at La Khedive
- French film trips in Place d'Italie
- cheap cheap cheap wine, especially Panache from Carrefour!
- just....Carrefour..!

What I will not miss:

- the pervy men who have meant I have only worn a skirt/dress once and regretted it, and have thus not since March...
- the extortionate prices for everything, especially bottles of water..!!
- the expensiveness of the Metro and being pretty far from the action
- a large number of the Parisians and the way they must have right of way on the pavement/in their cars/look down on you
- the dull dress sense here (I'm serious! I haven't seen a colour other than black, white, navy or beige for weeks!)

Paris is definitely a city of contrasts....find the areas you like and you're sorted. Luckily I have come to do that, but unfortunately they happen to be pretty far from where I'm living....also, I will definitely not miss the ridiculous Parisian public transport and its mind of its own! After this year, I don't think I will ever complain about English admin again lol, as I said when I came back from Barcelona..! I have had a great time, just unfortunate circumstances (as Manchester uni recently referred to them as in an email to us) have conspired against my plans. Oh well, an experience is an experience....

xxxxxxx

No comments: