Wednesday 26 November 2008

Pareeee!

Thoughts are beginning to stir in my little ginger brain that perhaps I should start thinking about when I go to Paris (probably around late January/early February)... I've been told by a mate from uni that it's proved haaard to find somewhere to live in France, so to start looking early..I had a really easy time of it here and was very lucky in that, but sounds like that's not the case in l'Hexagone...so am thinking most of my time in beautiful Blighty in January is gonna be consecrated to trawling through housing options in the capital. Am bored and pretty much task-less at work so idly typed "Paris 4 Sorbonne" into Google images....look at it!!! http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.crc.losrios.edu/images/studyabroad/paris4.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://www.crc.losrios.edu/Academic_Depts/Communication_Visual_and_Performing_Arts/Study_Abroad/Spring_2008.htm&usg=__GDV18WyihxL3xpeuCJCutku9Dew=&h=480&w=638&sz=56&hl=en&start=21&um=1&tbnid=HvB_EX-okBSPXM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dparis%2B4%2Bsorbonne%26start%3D20%26ndsp%3D20%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGIC_en-GBES279ES286%26sa%3DN

I'm SOOO excited!!! Provided I get the accommodation thing covered, it sounds amaaazing...
absolutely perfect... it just seems like exactly the place I need to inspire me. Am feeling a distinct desire to be studious at the moment, and this looks like it'll really bring that out in me... I can't believe how eager I am to study at the moment, it's bizarre..! So over January I'll basically have to relearn French, which - this is really odd - am really relishing the idea of doing...plan on going to Manchester in Jan, and the kids will of course have their scary exams on, so I plan to be holed up in the Language Centre/Library/whatever bar/pub/coffee house I choose, nose buried in a French novel....I really haven't done as much reading here as I should've, just because I find it quite an isolating pastime a lot of the time, but in Manchester, where I feel at home, I can't wait to get stuck into it. I hope it all goes smoothly - chances are it won't, but I can hope lol - once all the admin is sorted, the work may be tough, but I'm confident I'll go at it guns blazing, having been so starved (can you really say that about work?!) for the past few months. How am I so excited about studying?! I guess you're meant to be passionate about it...

Other news: still no net in my flat. Gah. Driving me mad. Have been hanging out with Steph basically all the time lately; she's heading home to England on Saturday, which will be weird, as obviously she's been here the whole time I have, so will be strange without her. I do have other friends here though, so I should be ok. Plus am gradually feeling more comfortable with my own company, which I'll pretty much have to be lol, so I'm sure I'll get used to it. Have plenty of books I've been meaning to read, so plan to find a load of as yet unexplored places to go and read them. As well as doing a final round of all my favourite places before I leave - have booked my bargainous flight home on the evening of the 19th Dec! - yeah, there were the usual charges for anything and everything, but first off it was 'free'..! Quite exciting - Ryanair may be tin cans but you get what you (don't) pay for...including a miserable dearth in bag weight allowance...15kg!! It's gonna be interesting getting all my things home...

Ruth's coming to visit this weekend!! She arrives on Friday afternoon; I actually can't wait. Haven't seen her since mid-July or something; feels like an age. She's never been here before so we're gonna see the usual sights, plus try and get on the Tibidabo cable car which I haven't done either, possibly. :D Will be awesome! Then the next weekend I'm going to Manchester for mine and Quinny's mini gig fest :D which I can't wait for...not that I can ever wait to get back to glorious Manc. Not to mention to spend time with kiddo... :)

When Steph leaves I will be sans my usual spot for using internet, so may not be online as much...still have the library but obviously can't talk on Skype in there...and there's Starbucks, but that's a bit of a trek..well, tis right outside work, so may bring my laptop to the office and go after. Is probably only open to about 8 or so though I would imagine, will investigate. So yeah. Will still use net at work but can only really email/blog/facebook here, keep the messages coming kids :) miss you all tons naturally. Can't wait to see everyone at Christmas, is gonna be amazing :D!!

Love you all endlessly xxxxxxxxxx

No comments: