Monday 3 November 2008

Abusing precious, beloved internet...!

Ok so am at work and shouldn't be on here but sod it! I have internet here!! And hoo-flippin'-ray...seriously, I feel like a sad loser being this dependent on the interweb but trust me, in another country where it is pretty much your only form of contact with family and friends, going without it can drive you pretty spare...which it is me....so needless to say we still don't have it at home, spoke to Maria about it yesterday and told her you seem to need a password to access the network we were using now, and she said they must have realised we were being naughty....so presumably we'll have a discussion about what to do about it soon (eg. today/tomorrow). Who knows how long it'll take to set up though. Not fun times, I can tell you!

As well as this, am in pretty dire financial straits, so can't even relieve boredom by doing fun things...didn't think I was affected by credit crunch but beginning to look like one of my own at the moment! Oh well, I do have a nice interest-free overdraft which it looks like I'm going to become friendly with...not what I wanted to do but I'll literally have 90 pounds to my name when you subtract the 2 months rent I have left to pay, with my current situation...so I figure while I'm out here I might as well make the most of it, regardless of a bit of financial damage...once in a lifetime opportunity and all...!

Everyone has left the office bar me and Steph now, so we've pretty much taken to dossing about hehe. Our coursemate Christina (girl who was doing my job before I arrived) has come to visit us today; was a nice surprise to see her waiting outside our office this morning!! She only did an 8 week shift over the summer and is now back in Manchester, but has a reading week so has come to visit :) so hopefully that'll involve some much-craved social activity for the next few days :) Also am hopefully going to meet Louise (girl from Bath at Barcelona Uni who I've been in contact with) this week! Should be really cool :) She's in even worse financial trouble than me, by the sounds of it, so should be interesting seeing what we can come up with to do that's fun and economical..!

This weekend was pretty uneventful, aside from:

1) Getting flashed by some pervert on the way back from Camp Nou (football stadium) - lovely..
2) Getting tickets to see FC Barca/Valladolid this coming Sunday!!
3) A very fun Saturday night in an Irish bar and then dancing the night (and morning) away at Jamboree, and meeting a Danish guy and a Portuguese guy who live in our square :) Quote of the night (though there were many): "I wish I had a British accent, then I could call myself...Chuck.."; Danish guy to thank for that one! hahaha.

Hooray for Monday almost being over! Without internet it's safe to say that Steph and I are steaming through our limited DVD collection...at least we have someone to pester in the form of Christina for the next few days...before Quinny's arrival on Friday!! :D

Hope all is good in UK, keep me posted with emails people, and you can comment on this blog, by the way! Be nice to know if someone is reading it! :p

Love you all tons, reeeally can't wait for a good ol' English Christmas with everyone!! xxxxxxxxxx

No comments: