Friday 31 October 2008

Aaaargh!!

Well ladies and gents, it would seem that the rather risky system we had going of 'borrowing' the internet has now backfired on us (as I feared it might at some point); yesterday morning I was getting ready for work and happily streaming Radio 1 over their website, however when I returned from making breakfast I was met with a silent room...it often pauses to reload so I thought maybe that was it, however the whole server appeared to have gone down. I had to go to work so left the flat and planned to have a look at it later. So when I returned I tried to figure out what the problem was. It was now asking me to provide a password for the previously open network that we'd joined...not good news at all....So after trying in vain to access any network I could get my hands on, I gave up and decided that we officially didn't have internet. I said it wasn't working to my housemate when she returned - she said hers hadn't been either and that it had done it before and maybe it would work again in a day or two. This didn't look likely to me but I thought it was worth a try. However today it appears to be saying the same thing, therefore leading me to believe that we actually have to stop being naughty and buy our own... I'll discuss it with her if it's not working at latest by the end of this weekend - I will actually go INSANE without internet - it's my pretty much sole form of contact with you lot in Blighty (Skype, MSN, this thing and Facebook have been absolute life savers in terms of keeping me in touch with you kids (and therefore sane)) so being stuck on my own for several hours a day in the flat with nothing but a few books, my music (which I've pretty much exhausted now) and rubbish Spanish telly for company would drive me absolutely up the wall :( That said, there are a few internet cafés around, as well as WiFi in the library down the road, and in Starbucks etc, so hope is not completely lost, however I don't really fancy trekking it about with my laptop on my back at all hours of the evening. So we shall see. Just thought I'd post this so if you don't hear from me for a while, you know why..! Feel free to keep texting and even write to my address (see below) to keep me mentally above water..! Miss you lot loads and the prospect of a house without internet is really not doing my mood any good right now :( - am at work at the moment, hence how I'm able to post this entry lol.

In other news, actually met Cristina (elusive Spanish girl who I was meant to meet for coffee..let's see, sometime last week I think it is now lol) last night for coffee! She's from Tenerife, it turns out (lucky mare lol) and is wicked - chatted for over 2 hours! About anything that came to our heads really - difference in English and Spanish youth cultures, weather, Halloween celebrations, nightlife, where we live, where we've been in Spain/the UK/USA...all sorts! Was ace :) and she even bought me my hot chocolate! (Yes, the AWESOME one...:p) May be meeting up to do something tomorrow night in the way of going out - though this was when I thought there was still some hope that my internet would work.. :s (Oh yeah, feel free to text, it costs me 25p to reply and am running out of credit but will try to - PLEASE don't ring as it costs me even to receive the call and thus will run out my credit this way as well..! Will try and get on Skype asap. Will probably be able to get on Steph's internet very soon - tried last night but didn't work but sure one of the boys will help me to, it's worked fine before.)

Love you and miss you all tons, not too long til I'm back now though! Can't believe it's November tomorrow already..! Madness..

Keep sending me all your news, emails/facebook messages etc will still be there for me when I can get online :) thankies :)

xxxxxxxxx

No comments: