Tuesday 14 October 2008

Enferma! :( bum

Woahh ok so I officially haven't written in a fortnight! I'm normally quite good at these things..oh dear..

So anyway, not sure I can update a whole 2 weeks with much detail, but I'll try and recall bits..! 

Weeks probably consisted mostly of work, interspersed with Starbucks lunchtime coffee breaks and bashing the gym afterwards....loving my gym! Weekends mainly include a massive lie-in on Saturday, then going out on Saturday night and having crazy nights til 7.30am...then sleeping away the majority of Sunday as well, and perhaps going to the cinema on Sunday night (weekend before last we went to see Tropic Thunder in Spanish! - pretty predictable stuff, but was good for a laugh and also interesting to see how they translated it in Spanish!) Then this weekend just gone I did my first solo international trip (!) to Manchester :D! Had to find the bus station which I'd never been to, but was indeed only about a 10-15 minute walk from work, in a straight line..! Then caught a bus to Girona airport which took just over an hour, again very easy :) arrived at airport around 3.30 for my flight which was at 6, so read and chatted to some Scottish people for a bit, went through security (only took a minute as I'd already checked in online) and found a nice terrace cafĂ© where I got a snack and sunbathed for an hour!! Perfect :) 
Manchester, as predicted, was awesome :) was so great to see everyone again! Had a night out and a couple of trips to the cinema, as well as an amazing 3 course meal Quinny cooked me :) was such a great visit! People must think I'm crazy being in Spain and pining for Manchester! You just can't beat a bit of Blighty..

So I arrived back yesterday morning after a very early start; had been granted the morning off work because of flight times, which was good. Went back and basically spent the afternoon with Steph, chatting and catching up. As the day wore on, I noticed I was constantly having to blow my nose..not a good sign..and by the time we'd gone home from work I had pretty much decided I'd hit full blown cold :( Went out for tapas for tea as I had no food in from the weekend - went to BracafĂ©, definitely one of our new favourites! Very smiley chatty waiter and great tapas - I had a salad for 2,50€ which was very generous and amazing! Tuna, egg, olives, the lot! So that was really nice. By the time I'd got home though, I felt very rough, and decided that today wasn't looking likely in terms of work. So I allowed myself a nice long sleep today to try and recharge (12 hours, nice!) and have vegged out watching Spanish tv/reading on the roof to relax myself. Being ill is pretty rubbish, but it has given me the opportunity to recuperate, so it's ok in some ways.. 

Have just found out our friend Karen from our course at Manchester is coming to visit on Friday!! She was out here for a couple of months over summer, before I arrived, and is now in Perpignan in the south of France to work on her French time abroad, so can easily catch the train over :) will be great to see her! Really starting to feel the strain of not knowing many people out here - obviously the place is fantastic but when you have no one to see the sights with, it gets a bit wearing. I joined a group on facebook last night run by a guy from Barcelona, who's been put in charge of raising awareness about events in Barca among all the American students who are here this half of the year, so may sneak along to one of them and meet some people! Also let me know if you start booking flights kids! You can get some really cheap deals if you snap them up early :)!

Hope to speak to you all soon, am often on Skype in the evenings if you fancy a chat, would be lovely to hear from you :) 

Love you all loads! xxxxxxxx

No comments: