Saturday 13 September 2008

Day 1!

Evening all!

Here I am in sunny Barcelona :) Plane journey was short and sweet, dozed off for a minute and before I knew it, we were landing..! Steph met me at the airport and we caught the train (along with my massive suitcase, which was, er, a mere 6kg over the weight limit....nice lady let me off without an excess charge...phew!) back to hers, in Sants (where the main train station is). Really nice area, wide open streets, loads of shops and bars and squares, as well as good metro links. I'm looking for a flat round here, and went to view one at 4, with a really nice girl, Maria, who's studying medicine here. Another girl will be moving in there next week as well. It was a really nice flat but the bedroom itself is a little small, so I'm keeping my options open for the time being, and have replied to a load more ads so hopefully I'll view some more over the next few days. Am staying here with Steph in the meantime - her flat is really nice, big lounge area, 3 other flatmates but they're all away at the moment and one hasn't been seen by her yet - so I'm having his room for a bit, hehe. Her internet's secure so I'm borrowing her laptop at the moment and will probably be able to update more fully when I have my own place. Going to check out a local bar in a bit to unwind. Steph showed me some copies of the magazine we'll be working on; I'm really excited now! It has everything, from articles about local events and festivals to reviews of new music albums (I'm definitely putting my name down for that feature!!). My number out here is 07518 871332; it works fine but it costs me 25p a text and it costs me to both make and receive calls, so please save ringing for when I can chat to you on Skype! I haven't got a webcam yet but plan to look for one soon.

In the meantime, hope everything's ok in England :) love you all loads, keep me posted via here/email/text with what you're up to!

Abrazos xxxxxxxxx

No comments: