Thursday 25 September 2008

Here comes that Friday feeling...!

Ello there!

Has been a really good day! Very sleepy start as went to bed late last night, but spent whole day at work proof-reading magazine (looks like it's going to print tomorrow!!), which was good, nice to kill some time doing something not very taxing! Also took my iPod in which was a very good move, definitely passes the time more comfortably than not-so-impressive Spanish radio! And had pizza for lunch from the Italian fast food place (I know..!) round the corner :) Then Steph and I decided we needed (yes, needed) to go shopping - Steph is in dire need of some new shoes because she currently only has flip flops and keeps stubbing her toe! - so we let ourselves go a little bit hehe :) all the autumn things in the shops are soooo tempting! I went to H&M and picked up, err, several things for doing exercise in...decided it was for a good cause so it was ok!...as well as a jacket (which I did need, honest :) ), a hat in my favourite colour (there's so much of it around this season!! I'm absolutely loving it!! Though it does mean saving is going out the window a bit..) and various other bits and bobs, hehe. There's also this gorgeous winter woolly cardigan in Bershka that I've got in my sights, so maybe I shall get that tomorrow.... :p tee hee. The shopping is too good here! We walked down the Passeig de Gracia last night -  I never knew what they have down there!! We got off the metro and I saw Prada, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci...!!?! May have to have a gander but there's no way I can let myself loose with the debit card in there..! Also walked past Casa Battlo (one of my favourite Gaudi buildings :D) so I got a photo of that hehe. Went to see fireworks in Placa Espanya last night, they went on for about an hour!! Was one of the best firework displays I've ever seen, if for nothing else but length! And the Montjuic fountains at night....it was awesome :) but anyway, back to today...

...oh yeah! We wandered round the markets at the bottom of La Rambla for a bit (the things there are sooo nice...another place I could spend unearthly amounts of money!) before Steph had to head off to her course, so we went to the Metro and parted ways. I went back to her flat and was faced with her flatmate Alex, who I've heard many tales about but haven't met yet...so we did our introductions and had a chat about Barcelona, Facebook, music etc hehe, and had a cheeky beer. I then had a reeeally good catch up with Ru on Skype - think we nattered for about 2 hours! - which was really cool :) she seems to be doing really well which is awesome! Were trying to find out how we could visit each other but planes from Barcelona to Sweden seem few and far between :s Also had an email from uni saying our grants are due to come in within a week!! So hooray, I won't be so skint!!! :D That definitely cheered me up :) also spoke to short stuff which obviously also put a smile on my face :) We're going to see Pendulum in December!! Yaaaay :D then Steph got home and we made tea which was yummy, and had a nice natter which was all goooood :) now I think it's pyjama time and I reckon we're gonna stick Black Books on, the day just gets better! Not to mention we had our sunshine back today! I was gonna go and bask on my terrace but have stayed at Steph's again so think I may be moving in tomorrow, lol. Reet'o kids, I shall be off to mong out for a wHile :) hope you're all doing good, take care my luvvers, buckets of ginger love to you all :) xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: